Level 27

Help, tips, discussion, and everything else about the Cipher online riddle.
Forum rules
NO SPOILERS; please read this before posting: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1150
Kawkowa
Current Level: 60

Re: Level 27

Post by Kawkowa »

zephidel wrote:googled the page title as what was hinted "whose idea was this?" nope, that didn't even shed a light for me. i advise that you guys look for possible decoders instead...
Actually, you're really supposed to find out the right decoder, and that's without guessing or trying randomly. And you don't need Google for it.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Gamemastertips
Site Admin
Current Level: 2

Post by Gamemastertips »

Kawkowa wrote:
zephidel wrote:googled the page title as what was hinted "whose idea was this?" nope, that didn't even shed a light for me. i advise that you guys look for possible decoders instead...
Actually, you're really supposed to find out the right decoder, and that's without guessing or trying randomly. And you don't need Google for it.
You may need Google a little bit, but everything should become pretty clear once you figure out the answer to the title hint.
~ The Cipher Master ~

UPDATE, 9/9/2018: If you PM me for level help, I'm more than happy to answer, but I may not be checking my forum inbox more than once a week (or less), so please be patient with waiting for a response. Thank you!

zephidel
Current Level: 28

Post by zephidel »

well, honestly i still haven't figured out the connection with the title :?: the other hints helped though, allowing me to filter out other deciphering techniques

Gamemastertips
Site Admin

Post by Gamemastertips »

zephidel wrote:well, honestly i still haven't figured out the connection with the title :?: the other hints helped though, allowing me to filter out other deciphering techniques
If you insist on going that route... :roll:

But the title is really easy to answer. You just have to know where to look, and you don't even need Google.
~ The Cipher Master ~

UPDATE, 9/9/2018: If you PM me for level help, I'm more than happy to answer, but I may not be checking my forum inbox more than once a week (or less), so please be patient with waiting for a response. Thank you!

jcarlos29
Current Level: 27

Post by jcarlos29 »

hi boss, i already know whose idea was that, but i dont know what am i gonna do with the words "r*f***t" and [spoiler]. ive tried flipping the two words on the url but in wont work :(

Gamemastertips
Site Admin

Post by Gamemastertips »

jcarlos29 wrote:hi boss, i already know whose idea was that, but i dont know what am i gonna do with the words "r*f***t" and [spoiler]. ive tried flipping the two words on the url but in wont work :(
That second word isn't just a meaningless cluster of letters...
~ The Cipher Master ~

milanista
Current Level: 20

Post by milanista »

I don't know if I find the answer to the tittle..
but I open a page saying "Yes, and what exactly are you going to do with that word?"
Should I decode the letters right now?

Kawkowa

Post by Kawkowa »

milanista wrote:I don't know if I find the answer to the tittle..
but I open a page saying "Yes, and what exactly are you going to do with that word?"
Forget that word until you know the answer to the title.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

milanista
Current Level: 20

Post by milanista »

Kawkowa wrote:
milanista wrote:I don't know if I find the answer to the tittle..
Forget that word until you know the answer to the title.

Actually I ignored the tittle,which made me stuck, and decoded the letters...o(╯□╰)o

Kawkowa

Post by Kawkowa »

milanista wrote:Actually I ignored the tittle,which made me stuck, and decoded the letters...o(╯□╰)o

One member had also done that before. It's a possible route, but knowing the answer to the title makes the person avoid guessing random decoders.