(Another) Overdue Apology - 2019 Edition

Help, tips, discussion, and everything else about the Cipher online riddle.
Forum rules
NO SPOILERS; please read this before posting: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1150
Gamemastertips
Site Admin
Current Level: 2

(Another) Overdue Apology - 2019 Edition

Post by Gamemastertips »

Hey, everyone! Zombie GMT here, risen from the grave (again) for another long-overdue apology and update.

I'm humbled that people are still playing, getting suck on, and solving this game seven years after level 60 was uploaded. Thank you to everyone for that. Moreover, the absolutely incredible rnightshroud continues to moderate this forum and answer people's questions, even though I never expected anyone to march out here and do that work with me in absentia. You have no idea how grateful I am for that.

On the flip side, I've been doing a terrible job of being an admin, after logging in this morning to a flood of messages that accumulated over the course of a year, unattended. Even though it feels like I've written this apology for the millionth time, I'm dreadfully sorry for not following up, and making promises (as I did last year, that I would start addressing the forum more regularly again) that end up falling through. My only excuse is that, during the academic year, I'm occupied practically every minute of my day with class or schoolwork, and during the summer, I'm playing catch-up on my freelance work and music and writing projects, which lasts usually just up until about a week or two before school starts again (which is, shockingly, precisely when I'm writing this).

So, tl;dr, if you sent me a message within the last year and haven't received a response, please accept my apologies, and if you're still stuck, please re-send your message and I will try and get to it within this little window of time I have right now. After that, when the semester starts again, I'll probably go back to being AFK, whether I like it or not.

I'll also make a post on the Facebook page soon where I'll try and touch on some of the daydreams I've been having about how to continue developing the game. I'm probably giving up on the whole Patreon idea I put out a while ago, since that seems like too much of a hassle in itself. At the end of the day, I still have level ideas, people still love playing this thing, and I want to make Cipher bigger, in one way or another. The only thing in my way right now is time, but I know that will have to change one day, even if it's not until I graduate.

Okay, I'll leave it at that for now. Thank you so much for reading, and for playing, and for putting up with me.
~ The Cipher Master ~

UPDATE, 9/9/2018: If you PM me for level help, I'm more than happy to answer, but I may not be checking my forum inbox more than once a week (or less), so please be patient with waiting for a response. Thank you!

randomyoshi
Current Level: 60

Re: (Another) Overdue Apology - 2019 Edition

Post by randomyoshi »

Hey man, no worries. I'm just happy you still know this site exists! I think everybody still needs some time to recover from solving 60 because whoo boy is it a journey and a half. I wish you the best of luck with your graduation, though!

Kawkowa
Current Level: 60

Re: (Another) Overdue Apology - 2019 Edition

Post by Kawkowa »

Just by having made this riddle in the first place, and still maintaining the site, domain AND forums alive up to this day, you deserve our hats off. ;)

Having said that, I feel very happy knowing you still have the thoughts of continuing it. That would be awesome. :geek:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.