Cipher in 2017: What's going on?

Help, tips, discussion, and everything else about the Cipher online riddle.
Forum rules
NO SPOILERS; please read this before posting: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1150
Gamemastertips
Site Admin
Current Level: 2

Cipher in 2017: What's going on?

Post by Gamemastertips »

Hello, riddlers! It's been a while. I apologize for not being around, and especially for not keeping up to date with forum correspondence, but I appreciate everyone's sticking around (especially heroic forum moderator rnightshroud, who has diligently continued to respond to questions in my absence).

So, why the silence? It was certainly not because I was out of riddle ideas...I just haven't managed to find the time to manage the game and the forum like I used to. For starters, I've been busy working: using my graphic and web design skills in more professional, non-riddle-related areas (check out www.benjamingabbay.com/design.htm for proof). I also continue to be busy writing my fantasy trilogy, Wingheart--two books published to date, with the third in the works (www.winghearttrilogy.com), and also composing music--a discipline I now study full-time at the University of Toronto. (Listen to my latest works at www.youtube.com/bengabbay!)

All this to say that I have not forgotten about Cipher, but my other fields of work have kept me and continue to keep me too busy to put in the time necessary to make new levels. Provided there is enough interest, I have some ideas about how I might be able to get back into riddle-making and I'll post more about that soon. Until then, thanks again for sticking around and I'll try not to disappear again (at least not for too long)!

-Benjamin
~ The Cipher Master ~

UPDATE, 9/9/2018: If you PM me for level help, I'm more than happy to answer, but I may not be checking my forum inbox more than once a week (or less), so please be patient with waiting for a response. Thank you!

Kawkowa
Current Level: 60

Re: Cipher in 2017: What's going on?

Post by Kawkowa »

Wow. I just happened to land here (by fate?) after months (or was it years?) and then found this. Needless to say, it's one of those good surprises... like a dream, but real.

I can sincerely say that, even though times have changed and everyone eventually craving new hobbies, this riddle still have a special place in my heart. With that in mind, I wholeheartedly approve the idea of continuing it. The show must go on, buddy. ;)
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

spyasone
Current Level: 39

Post by spyasone »

Wow new riddles!!!

rnightshroud
Current Level: 1

Post by rnightshroud »

Hoping for new riddles too, though I might not be able to solve it early.

Hi GMT and Kawkowa. :D
Contact me via Discord in case of offline status: rnightshroud#9033
Le owner of RNS Riddle, residing somewhere on the web.

Supernova
Current Level: 24

Post by Supernova »

Are there any moderators available for a PM right now for some help on a level?

Kawkowa
Current Level: 60

Post by Kawkowa »

rnightshroud wrote:Hoping for new riddles too, though I might not be able to solve it early.

Hi GMT and Kawkowa. :D
Hello!
Supernova wrote:Are there any moderators available for a PM right now for some help on a level?
Sure.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Inearthed1
Current Level: 47

Post by Inearthed1 »

Hey guys, I posted a reply on the appropriate level thread (47) but no one answered so I thought I would ask here if there's anyone available to PM, that is able to help with that level. Thanks.

adrianjch
Current Level: 50

Post by adrianjch »

i have the feeling like there's a lot of polish people coming in there... :shock: